The 30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler Training Package
Are you ready to finally excel with Monarch?
Based upon the popular series of posts on this site, the “30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler” package will help you to fast-track your progression with Monarch. I’ve put my years of experience with the software together with assessing real world needs and what I’ve learned by assisting hundreds of Monarch users around the world, and have compiled a definitive guide that I’m guaranteeing will transform you from being a functional Monarch user into someone who truly excels with Monarch.
This training package walks you through the many features of Monarch in a clear and straightforward manner. It also challenges you to undertake tasks and exercises that are designed to help you learn Monarch in an accelerated yet comfortable manner. You’ll find these effective ideas exclusively in this training package.
I’m absolutely thrilled and, if you’ll allow me, proud to say that this training package has a stamp on the cover which reads “Recommended by Datawatch”. Specifically, let me share this with you now:
“I’ve known Sandy for years and his depth of knowledge of Monarch is truly amazing. What is even more remarkable is his willingness and ability to help others get the most out of Monarch. Not only is he one of the most active contributors to the Monarch discussion forums, he has his own superb blog, ExcelWithMonarch.com, which is a treasure for any Monarch user. It’s no wonder that Sandy won the Tom Whiteside Award as Monarch Evangelist of the Year in 2008. I have no doubt that anyone who reads his new book will discover new ways to solve daily data challenges and become a much more effective Monarch user.”
John Kitchen, CMO and SVP, Datawatch Corporation
What’s included in this package?
I’ve enhanced the previously published materials in the series by:
- Extending the content of many of the daily topics, including new images and screenshots.
- Adding samples and exercises to work through and learn from.
- Appending three never previously published bonus “days” (chapters) which provide even more information to further improve your Monarch skills, including:
- Day 31. Knowing File Types: Learn the advantages and disadvantages of the various file types that Monarch offers for both importing and exporting data so that you can make the best choice for what you need to accomplish.
- Day 32. Transparent Revisions: Understanding the benefits of Monarch’s audit trail feature, and how to take advantage of it when building Monarch models.
- Day 33. Exploring Automating Monarch: A detailed discussion of the steps required to take the “work” out of your Monarch work, with fully described examples that you find as a single document anywhere else.
The “30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler” package will permit you to learn Monarch at your own pace. Your downloadable package will include:
- The 183 page, full-color PDF file entitled “30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler”. Review the Table of Contents (247k PDF).
- 10 self-documented text files and one PDF file to be used as reinforcement exercises.
- Two Excel files, one to be used as a sample database source and one which includes macros and ideas for automating your Monarch work.
- Six model files (xmod format), and two project files (xprj format) that you can review and compare to the models that you build in working with the exercises.
- Generously authorized by Datawatch Corporation, 16 hard-to-find Monarch eNewsletters in PDF format to easily learn from a number of past business cases and tips.
As if that weren’t enough, I’m including two additional bonus items:
- A 12 page PDF file devoted exclusively to ensuring that you can use the Monarch Utility, which is a separate program installed along with Monarch, to your best advantage.
- A two page PDF file which contains my all-new Monarch Quick Reference on one page and a graphical reference to the “30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler” document on the other.
Keep this reference document handy
What’s included on the Quick Reference page? I’m glad you asked. It details:
- Must-know shortcut keys to help you work more efficiently.
- A table to help you understand Boolean logic, which is key to producing expressions that produce the results that you want.
- A description of the operators which can be used in Monarch expressions.
- A selection of what I’ve found to be the most commonly used and useful functions that Monarch offers. Listed by purposes, such as “For Text” and “For Dates”, this includes examples for 22 functions and a list of full expressions for specific purposes, such as ensuring that leading zeros appear when you need them.
- A summary of selected and important technical limitations that exist in Monarch so that you’re aware of them.
- A visual representation of the components of a Monarch summary, and tip on how you can build great looking summaries consistently and easily.
Look at the graphical reference when you need specific information from within the “30 Days” document. Need to know something about Multi-Column Regions? The picture of the dialog shows that you’ll find that topic in the content for Day 4 on page 23. Quick and easy, it’ll be just the thing to print and keep handy on your desk.
Flexible and affordable learning
You could spend literally thousands of dollars for such comprehensive Monarch training, by the time you or your staff progressed from the various Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Monarch courses that are available elsewhere. And that training still wouldn’t include everything that you’ll learn from “30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler”.
Learning anything in a classroom setting is a traditional method that works, and don’t get me wrong, I do recommend it. Having now trained a number of Monarch students, I know that there is a real benefit to learning in a classroom. But it’s not always practical to travel across the country, or the world, to attend such training. Never mind the cost! The travel, accommodation and the courses themselves would add up quickly. And if you couldn’t schedule multiple courses one after another, then you’d be facing multiple trips.
Perhaps you’ve considered online training. Again, that might work for you if you can make your schedule match theirs.
Let’s look at the options. You could pay almost $4,000 for a small group to learn to become functional with Monarch via online courses.
To learn Monarch in a classroom setting and cover the range of the product’s features, you could pay almost $3,000 (per student), just for the tuition.
Given the current market for Monarch training, and taking into consideration what’s included in this new package, I’m confident that it would be a great value at even three times what its price will be.
But I really want as many of you as possible to be able to benefit from my lengthy experience with Monarch and get to where you want to be and I’ll even let you take your time with it. With the “30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler” package, I GUARANTEE that you’ll learn what it takes to excel with Monarch in 60 days or less or I’ll completely refund your purchase price of only
Help your entire team to excel with Monarch!
I personally know how rewarding it is to be able to supply great information for an organization with Monarch, and how organizations benefit greatly from what Monarch provides.
Many companies license many copies of the Monarch software, and to help you have your staff get the best results from Monarch so that they can best contribute to the success of your organization, I’m offering significant discounts on purchases of multiple copies of the “30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler” training package, as follows:
- Purchase a 10 copy license of the package and receive a 10% discount.
- Purchase a 20 copy license of the package and receive a 20% discount.
- Purchase a 30 copy license of the package and receive a 30% discount.
Keep in mind that many of Datawatch’s enterprise-level Business Intelligence solutions such as Monarch BI Enterprise Server, Monarch Data Pump and Monarch Report Mining Server all use Monarch technology at their core, so the materials and approaches discussed in the “30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler” package are directly applicable to those enterprise-level products.
Who should benefit from this training package?
For your benefit, I want you to pay particular attention to the name of this training package. It’s not named “Monarch for Beginners” or “An Introduction to Monarch”. While there some fundamentals discussed, to ensure that we have a common understanding of what’s important to your success, this is not a step-by-step really basic introduction through and through. The basics of Monarch are not the emphasis here. The goal of this package really is to make you better able to build great information solutions quickly. With the thorough knowledge of the product that this package is able to provide, you will become a better Monarch modeler.
You will learn how to employ the four available types of extraction templates (how Monarch learns about the structure of a given report), and within those templates, about how to tell Monarch to isolate one report line versus another, and how to define the fields that you want to extract. The package builds from that foundation. Quickly.
Testimonials relating to the instruction and assistance upon which I’ve built my reputation
As I write this, ExcelWithMonarch.com is nearing its third anniversary and long-time readers will know that I’m not really one to frequently share the kind comments that I’ve received over the years. But now would be a good time to introduce you to some of my friends, and a selection of the generous feedback they’ve offered about my work:
“I see you are the master at this tool.” Monarch Forum visitor, New York
“You are a real expert in using Monarch and Excel.” Rene, New York
“True Monarch Master!” Ralph, Nebraska
“You’ve definitely helped me to validate Monarch’s use at my company!”, Tammy, District of Columbia
“[With your help] everything works like a charm now! Thanks!”, R.H., USA
“Success!!! Thank you so much.” S.B., Nebraska
“All that I have to say is that you are awesome.”, Gerald, Texas
“[You've] helped me & so many others … with [your] work.”, Scott, Pennsylvania
“I got that Monarch-Excel macro file and it’s been an awesome addition. We’ve cut steps in more than half — just press a button and it’s done.” A subscriber in Nebraska
“Thank you for talking me through it. You’re the best!” B.G., Washington
“You’ve opened a whole new opportunity and I thank you.” Karen, British Columbia
“That did the trick. Thanks for your help!!” Brad, Wisconsin
“[Your guidance] has rocked my world. I appreciate the instruction!” Rebekah, California
“[Your solution was] ingenious! Thanks!” Debi, Tennessee
“[This approach] works great so many thanks!!” Jose, Glasgow
“What a genius! Thanks…saves a lot of work.”, Forum vistor, Colorado
“I’ve been waiting all my career for this kind of insight. Thanks for sharing.” Julie, Texas
Here’s to your many successes as you excel with Monarch.
Related questions and answers
Q: What forms of payment are you accepting?
A: Presently, only Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover credit cards, and you may use your secure PayPal account.
Q: OK, I bought the package, and I read it all and even did the homework (both the tasks that used the supplied files, and the ones that don’t), and this really wasn’t for me. I didn’t get anything out of it. Are you really going to refund my purchase complete within 60 days of purchase?
A: Simply put, yes. I’ll be disappointed that it wasn’t what you needed, and I’ll ask you to tell me how I can better help you with my next product, but I’ll quickly refund 100% of your purchase when you tell me that you honestly didn’t get anything at all out of the “30 Days to Become a Better Monarch Modeler” training package.
Q: I don’t have Monarch Pro. I use the Standard edition of Monarch. Can I still benefit from this training package?
A: While there are samples and models included that have been developed for Monarch Pro training and you will not be able to able to benefit from them specifically, there are still a significant number of topics that will help you progress with Monarch.
Q: Have you created a video version of this training package?
A: While I did consider using video as I believe it to be a great approach to training, I wasn’t in a position to commit to the level of effort that will be required for such a production without knowing that there is a real demand for such a product with the community of Monarch users such as yourself. So I’ve not ruled it out, but there will not be a video version of this in the short term.